Saturday, April 27, 2024 10:02:00 AM

No Trades after many Training and Optimization runs

2 years ago
#5 Quote
Hello!

First, this is awesome to see ML make its way into the NT8 ecosystem!

The issue I'm having is that after doing many training runs and parameter optimizations there are no trades happening in a backtest. I even tried an older saved configuration and that too resulted in no trades when it should have near 1000. I've restarted my computer and this still happens.

Is there a cache I can clear to help get this back up and running?

Thanks!

Edit: Solved? Seems like a second computer restart worked. But now the performance is very different. Oh the unpredictability of things. So, if you think you have a winning model and strategy combination, restart your computer and see if it still holds true. Or you might have to train a new model and/or optimize the running strategy each time.

Edit 2: And.... it's broken, again? I don't know if it's not signaling trades or if the saved model is wildly changing its predictions on the same data set.

Edit 3: Created model. Ran Model. It showed trades on a backtest on the same date range as when it was trained. Closed and Opened NT8. Model no longer runs. Restarted computer. Model no longer runs.

Edit 4: And now new models aren't even predicting trades after training on the same date range.

Edit 5: Progress! Seems as though you can't load templates for the strategies. Loading a saved template results in no trades. You must manually enter all parameters each time. Not sure if this is an NT8 thing or not because I've seen NT8 get stuck like this at times with more traditional/experimental strategy configurations.

Edit 6: Solved! Seems like a Renko bar type (Pure Logik's Ultimate Renko) doesn't produce consistent results.
2 years ago
#6 Quote
Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting. We'll contact you directly to figure out why you're not getting trades.

Best regards,
Eric